Self-Compassion During This Time
(Written by Steffi Black)
- Honour your emotions.
- Create a mini-plan that lays out your day and makes you feel centered.
- Start new routines, including one minute breath work.
- Start an online exercise and meditation program – many places are offering free programs.
- Start a journal to become more in touch with your feelings.
- Clean and declutter – start a new fresh template for your work and life organization.
- Keep online networking so you can feel part of a community. Join Zoom and start a video chat with a work and/or a friend group.
- Join an online community on Facebook that is sharing where you can help people virtually. We feel good when we help.
- Read books that keep you uplifted and hopeful. Authors like Tara Brach, Eckhart Tolle, Michael Singer, etc.
- Try a new calming activity like QiGong or yoga. This teacher is offering a month free: https://www.yoqi.com
- If someone has expressed that they’re having difficulties, reach out to them.
- Ask for help yourself. You are not alone.
- We are all in this together. Let’s be a community that supports each other with kindness and compassion.
Steffi Black, Kindness Advocate
To reach Steffi, please go to: www.steffiblackcoaching.com